Using the GRS Library
Students are allowed to visit the Library during school days with a pass from a classroom teacher, study hall teacher, Mrs. Laurent or Ms. Dunn.
Students are encouraged to visit the Library before and after school.
During Directed Study (2:49 - 3:15), students may use the library with a pass from a classroom teacher or a directed study teacher.
Directed Study teachers may send 2 students to the Library at a time.
Students must have their signed agenda book when checking into the library for a book or to work on a computer.
If accessing a computer the pass must be from the assigning classroom teacher and website(s) noted. No open online searching beyond images.
Teachers are encouraged to bring their classes to the library! If you can let the Librarian know ahead of time it would be appreciated, I can better prepare for your visit.
Teachers may request Ms. Dunn to visit a classroom to teach information literacy skills (finding books, using Dewey system, genre book talks, non-fiction specialized book information, reference resources) or library information (how to use the library, the online card catalog, and online library services).
GRS Books and Reading
Need something to read? Try an award winner!
- 2015 Rebecca Caudill Master List
- 2015 Caudill nominees PowerPoint
- Michael L. Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature
- 2013 Teen's Top Ten
- 2014 Top Ten Great Graphic Novels
- Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults 2013
- 2014 Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults Top Ten
- 2014 Morris Award (debut novel by a first-time author)
- 2014 Nonfiction Award
Download YALSA's (Young Adult Library Services Association)
Teen Book Finder App!
- Access three year's of YALSA's awards and book lists on your mobile device!
- Currently, only on Apple products but an Android version will be available later in 2014
- Search for books by author, title, award/list year, genre, by award and by booklist!
- A "Find it Button" that will show users where to find the book in a nearby library
- A "Favorites Button" to create your own individualized booklist
- Share books on Twitter and Facebook