Using the Library
Students are allowed to visit the Library when it is open during school days with a pass from a classroom teacher.
Please check hours when Library is open.
Students are encouraged to visit the Library before and after school.
The Library is open during Advisory Period
Students must sign-in when entering the Library.
Teachers are encouraged to plan accordingly if they want to bring their classes to the library. If you can let the Library know ahead of time it would be appreciated and we can better prepare for your visit.
Teachers can request Ms. Dunn to visit a classroom to teach information literacy skills (searching databases, citations, locating and evaluating resources, website evaluation) or library information (how to use the library and online library services).
Teachers are encouraged to participate in Accelerated Reader. There are Accelerated Reader books for all class subjects. Please contact Ms. Dunn to set up your class for AR!
The Library subscribes to online databases for students' use. The databases can be accessed from school or home computers with a username and password.
The usernames and passwords may be attained in the Library.
Please contact your librarian with any questions or to learn more about searching in the databases.
Books and Reading
Need something to read? Try an award winner!
- 2015 Abraham Lincoln Award Nominee List
- Michael L. Printz Award for Excellence in Young Adult Literature
- 2014 Top Ten Great Graphic Novels
- 2014 Amazing Audiobooks for Young Adults Top Ten
- 2014 Morris Award (debut novel by a first-time author)
- 2014 Nonfiction Award
- Citation Machine
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Channel One
- MLA Formatting and Style Guide (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- Evaluating Websites (University of Maryland: University Libraries)
- Library of Congress
- Watseka Public Library
Resources for Accelerated Reader
Students will need username and password. Contact Ms. Dunn if you forgot your username or password.
Available from 7:45 a.m. - 3:30 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Quizzes must be taken in school.
Learn more about Accelerated Reader